Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in providing innovative equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic products. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world. At Applied Materials, we turn today’s innovations into the industries of tomorrow.
Applied Materials operates in four reportable segments: Silicon, Display, Energy and Environmental Solutions and Applied Global Services.
- Number one equipment supplier to the global semiconductor industry
- Equipment at every semiconductor fab in the world, enabling the production of every advanced microchip
- Using expertise in depositing thin films on large-scale glass panels to lower the cost of flat panel displays
- Enabling new technologies such as touch panel and OLED
Energy and Environmental Solutions
- Number one equipment supplier to the solar PV industry
- Developing technology in emerging areas including LED lighting and energy storage for future growth
- Provides semiconductor, display and solar customers with solutions that maximize output and efficiency
- Largest supplier of software for automating semiconductor, display and solar factories
Applied Materials is the number one equipment supplier to the semiconductor, liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) and solar PV industries.We achieved this leadership by focusing on three core competencies:
1. Thin film engineering Thin films are used to create electronic structures as small as 1/2,000th the width of a human hair. These films are formed, deposited, shaped and measured by patented Applied Materials processes and tools that provide near-atomic levels of precision and control.
2. Commercializing sophisticated systems Applied creates sophisticated manufacturing systems for ultra-high volume manufacturing and efficiency that drive down the cost of electronic devices.
3. Global reach Applied has the intellectual capital, financial resources and capability to help customers integrate and manufacture advanced technology around the world.
|If you are a member of the national global media or trade press and are interested in Applied Materials technology, products, financial news or speaking with our executives, please contact:
If you are an analyst or investor, please contact:
Applied Materials URL is www.amat.com